Monday, October 25, 2010

WE'RE HOME!

Boy, I'm sorry I haven't posted anything for a while!  Our internet was down and things have been so crazy we've hardly had time to breathe!  For those of you who may not know yet, he's home!  He was released on Thursday.  We weren't expecting it until this week, but things were at a point where they decided he could go home.  He'll have a Home Health nurse and 2 therapists who will come 3 days a week to continue things.  We'll go back to Columbia next week for a checkup and schedule his next surgery.  It's been kindof crazy getting into the groove of how we'll do everything here, but things are good.  Two of his goals were to be able to get out of the hospital in time to see Landon and Joseph's last football game and watch Bethany play volleyball at OCC.  His schedule prior to the accident had kept him from being able to be at one of her games so this was really important to him.  He made the football game Thursday night and surprised the boys and then made it to Beth's game on Saturday to surprise her.  Each of the kids were so emotional when they saw him there.  It meant so much to them that he would work so hard to make it to be there with them!  He's not even supposed to be going out anywhere yet, so that will be all of his running around for a while!  A funny story was, when we were putting him to bed that night I told him I wasn't going to let him out for a while after going to the games and he laughed and began to tell me how he was the boss.  I said, "No, you're not the boss right now.  Later, but not now, and you're gonna stay home!"  So Logan prayed that night that God would help dad get better so he could be the boss again!  We all chuckled under our breath!  It sure is a good feeling to have us all at home again!  I'll continue to keep you posted on how things go.  KY3 plans on doing a story on him this week I believe so I'll let you know on that, too.  Thank you for your prayers, visits, calls, and all the encouragement.  God is using all of it to keep us going and so we thank you!   

5 comments:

  1. So glad to hear that Dan is home. Wow! Keeping he and the family in our prayers. God Bless and Keep you all! Yahoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Was starting to wonder what was going on. So glad he's home. God bless & I'll keep all of you in my prayers

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was shocked when Rhonda told me Mr. Decker was on his way home last Thursday. I'm sooo happy that he's home with you all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YEAH!!!! I'm so glad for you and your family. Thanks for sharing the updates. God bless you!!!

    ReplyDelete